Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 30th

Throughout the course of the first class I got a basic overview of what to expect in Mythologies 285. I was introduced to my professor Michael Sexson, and he went over the details of the course syllabus and the readings that come with the class. I learned that the definition of myth is the precedent behind every action, and that mytos means story. After reading the first couple chapters of Cadmus and Harmony I found myself intrigued and confused. The parts I got were really interesting but the reading was hard to follow; it seemed to bounce around. What I got from the reading was that conflict begins with the abduction or sacrifice of a girl, and that stories never live alone. The Magus starts out slow and is pretty much introducing you to the characters. It gives the reader a sense for what type of person Urfe is. ei...., I needed a new mystery; I was not a cynic by nature, only by rebolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment